My Favorite Waffles {Recipe}

18 May 2012
I love waffles.  I love putting all sorts of different toppings on them, cutting them into strips and dipping them in syrup or folding them in half over a slice of bacon or sausage.  I've been tweaking this recipe for years and think I have it perfected.  I think it's best if when you cook them, you cook them just a little longer and get a nice crisp on the outside.

First, you'll start with these ingredients:


Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups flour (I use all purpose white)
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
2 Eggs
1 3/4 cups Milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla


Start by measuring out all the dry ingredients:


And Mix them together in a bowl, making a well in the center (which you can't see very well in my picture):


Then move on to your wet ingredients:


Start by cracking the eggs in a bowl and mixing them well (probably should do it better than i did here):

Add in the milk, oil and vanilla:


Mix together well:
 
Now, add this mixture all at once into the well of your dry ingredients:


Mix together, just until moist.  The batter will probably still be a little lumpy:


Spray your waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour waffle mix in iron per your waffle maker directions.  Mine calls for about a 1/2 cup of batter and takes between 7-9 minutes to cook.  Resist the urge to peek!  If you open it up too soon, you end up with a split waffle that won't go back together.

When they start to smell delicious, they're done.  Pull them off the iron and enjoy them hot!



I'm linking up to these linky parties!!
you are talking too muchI Heart Nap Time

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...